Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What is my deodorant doing to my kidneys??!!


Ok. Quick rant that has nothing to do with cloth diapers, or being a mom at all for that matter. Its about Secret deodorant. This morning I happen to glance at the back of my deodorant and notice that it says not to use it if you have kidney disease. WTF??!! Seriously? My deodorant is effecting my kidneys?! As a long time environmentalist I am very aware of the damage that different products and chemicals in the environment can do to your health. But, as a lazy person who sweats a lot, and wants my hair and skin to look decent I have never been into natural cosmetics, etc. This kidney thing, however, calls for more research, and maybe a switch to one of those funky rock crystal deodorant things. I mean if the chemicals are making their way all the way down to my kidneys what other organ systems are they affecting? And what about effects in combination with other products. Didn't society learn anything from Batman (1989)?! I'll probably start by checking out some of the deodorants rated the lowest toxicity on the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database and work my way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers